DATA PROTECTION INFORMATION
This data protection information applies for data processing carried out by:
Controller: ITR GmbH (hereafter: ITR), Löffelstrasse 40, D-70597 Stuttgart, Germany, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. +49 711 9976 3318, fax +49 711 9976 3333
1. Collection and storage of personal data and type and purpose of use
a) When you visit our website
When you visit our website at www.dtm.com the browser used on your device will automatically send information to the server on which our website is hosted. This information is stored temporarily in a logfile. The information thus collected, and saved until it is automatically deleted, is the following:
- IP address of requesting computer
- Date and time of access
- Name and URL of file accessed
- Website you were on before visiting our website (referrer URL)
- Browser used and where applicable operating system of your computer as well as name of your access provider
The aforementioned data will be processed by us for the following purposes:
- Ensuring a smooth connection to the website
- Ensuring ease of use of the website
- Evaluation of system security and stability
- Other administrative purposes
The legal basis for this data processing is art. 6 para. 1 f) GDPR. Our legitimate interest is based on the data collection purposes listed. In no circumstances will we use this data to identify you.
b) When you register for our newsletter
Provided you have given your express consent under art. 6 para. 1 a) GDPR we will use your email address to send your our regular newsletter. In order to receive our newsletter you need give us only your email address.
You can deregister at any time by clicking on the link at the end of each newsletter or by emailing your request to email@example.com
c) When you use our contact form
If you have any queries, you can contact us using the form on the website. You will need to provide a valid email address so that we know where the enquiry comes from and can respond. Other information can be provided on an optional basis.
Data processing for the purposes of recording contact with us is done in accordance with art. 6 para. 1 a) GDPR on the basis of your freely given consent.
Once your enquiry has been resolved, the personal data collected via the contact form will be automatically deleted.
2. Sharing of data
Your personal data will not be shared with any third party other than for the purposes below.
We will share your personal data with third parties if:
- You have provided your express consent in accordance with art. 6 para. 1 a) GDPR;
- Sharing is required in accordance with art. 6 para. 1 f) GDPR for the assertion of or defence against claims or the exercise of rights and there are no grounds for assuming that you have an overwhelming protective interest in your data not being shared;
- There is a statutory obligation to share it in accordance with art. 6 para. 1 c) GDPR;
- It is permissible under statute to do so and in accordance with art. 6 para. 1 b) GDPR the sharing is required for the purpose of managing of contractual relationship with you.
Cookies store information generated by your device. This does not however mean that we can directly identify you from this information.
We also use temporary cookies, which likewise help us to optimise user-friendliness and which are stored on your device for a finite period. If you re-visit our site to use our services, we will be able to automatically recognise that you have already visited the site, which settings you selected and what information you provided, so that you don't have to enter them again.
The data processed via these cookies is required for the aforementioned purposes in pursuit of our legitimate interests and those of third parties in accordance with art. 6 para. 1 f) GDPR.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. Nonetheless you can adjust your browser's settings to reject cookies or to warn you before they are accepted. However if you completely deactivate cookies you may not be able to use all the functions of our website.
4. Analysis tools
a) Tracking tools
i) Google Analytics
- Browser type/version
- Operating system used
- Referrer URL (the site you were on before ours)
- Hostname of accessing computer (IP address)
- Time of server request
– is transferred to a Google server in the US and saved there. This information is used to evaluate the use of our website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide additional services related to website use and Internet use for the purposes of market research and making our website more responsive. This information will also be shared with third parties where statutorily provided for or where the third party in question is commissioned to process this data on our behalf. In no circumstances will your IP address be stored with other data held by Google. The IP addresses are anonymised so that they cannot be used for identification purposes (IP masking).
You can prevent the installation of cookies by adjusting your browser settings, although if you do so, you may not be able to make full use of all the functions on this website.
You can also prevent the capture of the data produced by the cookie and based on your use of our website (incl. your IP address), as well as the processing of this data by Google, by downloading and installing a browser add-on.
As an alternative to a browser add-on, and especially for browsers used on mobile devices, you can also prevent Google Analytics capturing your data by clicking on this link. This will place an opt-out cookie on your device that prevents your data being captured when you visit our website in the future. The opt-out cookie is valid only for this browser and only for our website and will be stored on your device. If you delete cookies from your browser, you will need to re-set the opt-out cookie.
For further information on data protection in connection with Google Analytics, see their help pages.
ii) Google Adwords Conversion Tracking
In order to capture the use of our website statistically and, for the purposes of optimising the site, to evaluate the use statistically, we also use Google Conversion Tracking. This involves Google Adwords placing a cookie (see 4) on your computer if you land on our website via a Google ad.
These cookies become invalid after 30 days and cannot be used to identify you personally. If you visit certain pages of the website of the Adwords customer and the cookie has not yet expired, both Google and the customer can see that you have clicked on the ad and were taken to this page.
Every Adwords customer has its own unique cookie. These cookies can therefore not track movements across the websites of different Adwords customers. Theinformation obtained via the conversion cookies serves to create conversion statistics for Adwords customers who have selected Conversion Tracking. The Adwords customer will learn the overall number of users who have clicked on their ad and were taken to a page fitted with a Conversion Tracking tag. The customer nonetheless does not receive any information that can be used to personally identify the user.
If you wish to opt out of the tracking process, you can decline the cookies required for the tracking by adjusting your browser settings so that the automatic placement of cookies is deactivated. You can also deactivate Conversion Tracking cookies by adjusting your browser settings so that cookies from the domain www.googleadservices.comare blocked. See Google's data protection notice on Conversion Tracking.
iii) IntelliAd web tracking
This website uses a web analysis service involving bid management from intelliAd Media GmbH, Sendlinger Str. 7, 80331 Munich. To make our website more user-friendly, anonymous usage data is processed, aggregated and stored and used to create usage profiles. The use of intelliAd tracking involves the localised saving of cookies. You have the right to opt out of the processing of your usage data. Simply use the intelliAd opt-out function.
5. Social media plug-ins
Based on art. 6 para. 1 f) GDPR, we use social media plug-ins from the social networks Facebook, Twitter and Instagram in order to make our DTM/ ITR more widely known. Our legitimate interest in the sense intended by GDPR is based on the commercial purpose behind such usage. The responsibility for the operation of these plug-ins in compliance with data protection law is that of the provider concerned. In order to offer our users maximum protection, the embedding of these plug-ins by us is governed to the two-click method.
In order to make your use of our website more personalised, we use social media plug-ins from Facebook. For this purpose we use the LIKE or SHARE button. This is a service provided by Facebook.
When you access a page on our website that contains one of these plug-ins, your browser creates a direct connection to Facebook's servers. The content of the plug-in is transferred from Facebook directly to your browser, which then embeds it in the website.
Via this embedding of the plug-in, Facebook is informed that your browser has accessed the corresponding page of our website, even if you do not have a Facebook account or (if you do have a Facebook account) even if you are not currently logged in to it. This information (incl. your IP address) will be transferred from your browser directly to a Facebook server in the US and stored there.
If you are logged in to your Facebook account, Facebook can assign your visit to our website directly to your Facebook account. If you interact with the plug-ins (e.g. by clicking on the LIKE or SHARE buttons), the corresponding information will likewise be sent directly to a Facebook server and saved there. The information will also be published on Facebook and shared with your Facebook friends.
Facebook may use this information for advertising, market research and improving the functioning of Facebook webpages. For this purpose, it will create usage, interest-based and relationship profiles (e.g. to evaluate your use of our website in relation to the ads you see on the Facebook site or to inform other Facebook users of your activities on our website and to provide other services associated with Facebook use).
If you do not want Facebook to assign the data gathered via our website to your Facebook account, you should log out of your Facebook account before you visit our website. For the scope and purpose or the data collection and the further processing and use of the data by Facebook, as well as your rights in this regard and how you can adjust your settings to protect your privacy, see Facebook's data protection notice.
Our website uses plug-ins from the micro-messaging service provided by Twitter Inc. (Twitter). Twitter plug-ins (tweet buttons) can be identified via the Twitter logo on our site. An overview of out tweet buttons can be found here.
When you access a page of our website that contains this type of plug-in, a direct connection will be created between your browser and the Twitter server. Twitter will thereby be informed (via your IP address) that you have visited our site. If you click on the tweet button while you are logged in to your Twitter account you can link the content of our site to your Twitter profile. Twitter can thus assign your visit to our site to your user account. As the provider of this website, we receive no information as to the content of the transferred data or its use by Twitter.
If you do not wish Twitter to be able to assign your visit to our website to your Twitter account, you should log out of your Twitter account before visiting our site.
More information can be obtained from Twitter's data protection statement.
Our website also uses social plug-ins from Instagram ("Plug-Ins"); these are operated by Instagram LLC., 1601 Willow Road, Menlo Park, CA 94025, US ("Instagram").
The Plug-Ins are identifiable via the Instagram camera logo.
When you access a page of our website that contains a Plug-In, your browser creates a direct connection to Instagram's servers. The Plug-In content is transferred by Instagram directly to your browser and embedded in the page. Via this embedding Instagram is informed that your browser has accessed the corresponding page of our website, even if you don't have an Instagram account or (if you do have an Instagram account) if you are not logged in to it.
This information (including your IP address) is transferred from your browser directly to an Instagram server in the US and stored there. If you are logged in to your Instagram account, Instagram can assign your visit to our website directly to your Instagram account. If you interact with the Plug-Ins (e.g. by clicking on the Instagram button) this information will likewise be directly transferred to an Instagram server and saved there.
The information will also be published on your Instagram account and displayed to your contacts.
If you do not wish Instagram to assign data gathered via our website directly to your Instagram account, you should log out of your Instagram account before visiting our site.
For more information, see Instagram's data protection statement.
6. Rights of data subjects
You have the right:
- under art. 15 GDPR to be informed as to the personal data we hold about you and process. This especially includes: the purposes of the processing; the categories of personal data; the parties with whom your personal is or has been shared; the intended duration of storage of data; the existence of your right to the correction, deletion and restriction of processing of your data and of your right to opt out and to complain; the source of your data insofar as it has not been collected by us; and the existence of an automated decision-making process (incl. profiling) and where applicable meaningful information as to how it works;
- under art. 16 GDPR, to the immediate correction of incorrect or incomplete personal data held by us about you;
- under art. 17 GDPR, to the deletion of the personal data held by us about you, provided the processing is not required: for freedom of speech or freedom of information; for compliance with a legal obligation; in the public interest; or for the assertion of or defence against claims or the exercise of rights;
- under art. 18 GDPR, to the restriction of the processing of your personal data where the accuracy of the data is contested by you or where the processing is unlawful but you decline to have it deleted and we no longer need the data but you need it for the for the assertion of or defence against claims or the exercise of rights or you have under art. 21 GDPR objected to the processing;
- under art. 20 GDPR, to have the personal data you have provided to us presented to you in a structured, current and machine-readable format or to have it transferred to another data controller;
- under art. 7 para. 3 GDPR, to revoke any consent you have previously given us. Please note such revocation will not have any retroactive effect.
- under Art. 77 GDPR, to complain to a supervisory authority, typically the one responsible for your habitual place of residence or your place of work or for our head office.
7. Right to object
Where your personal data is processed on the basis of legitimate interest in the sense intended by art. 6 para. 1 f) GDPR, you have the right under art. 21 GDPR to object to such processing provided your objection is based on grounds arising from your specific circumstances or if your objection is against direct marketing. In the latter case, your right to object does not require you to state specific circumstances.
If you wish to assert your right to object or to revoke your consent, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our website uses the widely-used SSL process in conjunction with the highest encryption level supported by your browser; this is generally 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support such encryption, we will revert to 128-bit v3 technology. The encryption status of our website pages can be seen from the key or padlock symbol in the status bar at the bottom of your browser.
We also use appropriate technical and administrative security measures to protect your data from accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss or destruction and unauthorised third-party access. Our security measures are continually updated in line with technological developments.
9. Ticket purchases in our online ticket shop
- We process your personal data if you buy tickets on our website in our ticket shop and in so doing provide your personal details. This type of processing, which is based on art. 6 para. 1 b) GDPR, is for the purpose of the performance and management of our contract with you.
- If you buy a ticket for another person (third party), we process the third party data you provide (name and contact details) for ticker personalisation purposes and where applicable for the despatch of the ticket to the third party concerned. This type of processing, which is based on art. 6 para. 1 b) GDPR, is for the purpose of the performance and management of our contract with you. In such cases, you should ensure that the third party is sufficiently informed by you of the processing of their data by ITR GmbH and that you have the authority to provide the data concerned.
- In issuing personalised tickets, we may also process special categories of personal data such as health data, provided that on purchasing the ticket you have submitted such details and consented to the processing of them by us. Such processing may include details such as whether or not you are a wheelchair user or are severely disabled. We may process this data in order to offer you special pricing categories as well as access options and special seats for an event. Such processing is based on your consent in the sense intended by art. 6 para. 1 a) GDPR.
Information emails, newsletter
If you buy a ticket from us or win a ticket as part of one of our competitions, we may send you information emails regarding journey routes, parking and details of the event organiser. This type of processing, which is based on art. 6 para. 1 b) GDPR, is for the purpose of the performance of our contract with you.
- For ticket refunds your personal data will be processed on the basis of art. 6 para. 1 b) GDPR.
- If you have not purchased your ticket yourself but rather received it as a gift from the purchaser and then return the ticket due to the cancellation or postponement of the event, we will process the data that you send us either via the form on our website or via other means. This type of processing, which is based on art. 6 para. 1 b) GDPR, is for the purpose of processing your refund.
Where on purchasing a ticket you have provided special personal data (in the sense intended by 2.4.4) relating to you or a third party, we will process this data for the purpose of ticket refund on the basis of your consent in the sense intended by art. 6 para. 1 a) GDPR. 2.4.4 shall apply accordingly.
10. DTM backstage portal
- If you wish to use our DTM backstage portal, you need to register by providing your email address and selecting a password and username. You do not have to give your real name: a pseudonym will suffice. For registration purposes we use the double opt-in process. This means that your registration is not complete until you click on the link in the confirmation email we send you. If you do not do so within 24 hours, your application will be automatically deleted from our database. The submittal of the aforementioned data is compulsory; all other data can be provided on a voluntary basis via our portal.
- If you use our backstage portal, we will store the data that we need to provide you with our service range and not delete it until you terminate your access. For as long as you continue to use the portal, we will also store the data you provide on a voluntary basis, provided you do not delete it. All information can be managed and amended by you in our secure customer area. The legal basis for this processing is art. 6 para. 1 f) GDPR.
To prevent unauthorised third-party access to your personal data, the connection is encrypted via TLS technology.
11. Updating and amendment of this data protection statement
This data protection statement is currently valid and was last amended in May 2018. It may need to be updated in the light of development of our website and services or changes in statutory or official regulations. The latest version can always be found on, and printed from, our website at https://www.dtm.com/datenschutz